Popular Post

Monday, September 13, 2010

F.C. Santos Laguna fantasy kits

Full name: Futbol Club Santos Laguna
City: Torreón
League: La Primera División (Mexico)
Stadium: Estadio Corona
Fouded: 1983
Shirt sponsor: Soriana, Lala, Corona, Pepsi, Penoles, Banamex, Aero Mexico
Kit manufacturer: Atletica

I must admit that I never heard about Santos Laguna before it was requested to do their kits. When I saw the first pictures with them I was impressed. Altough the multitude of sponsors, in different colours, I managed to see the perfect combination between white, green and black. Many will say there's Celtic Glasgow, club with much longer history than Santos Laguna, having the same colous scheme on their kits. But Celtic has more traditional kits, without variations. Santos Laguna had almost all styles: horizontal stripes, vertical stripes, all white without stripes, stripes with white sleeves, gradient coloured stripes, black features (stripes, bands). Innitialy the design was more complex, but when I start to put the logos on, I must simplified id and the result is almost good for Celtic too. Some of the sponsors were left out and some are positioned in different places. ALso the number and the club's crest were positioned on the sides of the shorts, instead of the front. Also the logos on the socks leave so little options to do.
The away kit is same style as the home one, black instead of white, very usefull for the games vs teams wearing all white or striped shirts. The third kit has the colour scheme as the real one, a bit strange combination because it's clashing whit the other two. Anyway I liked this shade of green and I used it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment