Popular Post

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Diego Serna: The Second Coming

In the past two weeks Miami FC has been the revelation of USL. A team that came out of the starting blocks with only weeks of preparation yet their showing so far has been impressive. The one man that stands out the most in this team is Diego Serna. This player, at the twilight of his career has shown that he still has what it takes to play at a high level and I was lucky he granted me a few moments of his time.

Uncle Ed: I see you continue playing with number 17 , how do you see the team so far?
Diego Serna: It's a tranquil team, a noble team, a team that you have to guide due to the inexperience of a few players who are playing at this level for the first time. I think the number 17 is an important number for me as it continues the tradition I left behind with the Miami Fusion.
Uncle Ed: Yes, I understand and I have noticed many of the people are coming to the games because of that history that the Miami Fusion left behind (Particularly that final year 2001 with the best record in the league)
Which of the players on the team today do you think is an exciting player to play with?
Diego Serna: I like Leo Inacio Nunes who is a Brazilian player who handles the ball very well, he is a man that can play in a small area and who has a subtle touch. Orlando Bueso is another one who we know playing locally with Cinco Estrellas; he is a small player with an innate ability with the ball and good rhythm and from there on there are a number of players who in the short while I have worked with them have shown very interesting things.
Uncle Ed: What is your favorite Cuban food?
Diego Serna: Well, pinto beans and Pollo Tropical is one of the things I like the most! [Laughs]Uncle Ed: Do you have a message for The Ultras and Miami FC Fans in general?
Diego Serna: To all those people out there that love Soccer its time to support our Soccer team. Miami and Southern Florida is staying without Soccer, this is the only team we have and I'm in this team because I love Soccer and I love this game and I want to invite everyone, be it Sunday or Saturday however the calendar of the team is arranged. What we are doing now is building for the future and the years to come, we are not going to do what happened with Miami Fusion. We want to build this team for South Florida and the people who love Soccer like the Hondurans, Colombians, Brazilians, Argentinians, everyone needs to support Soccer and this is the time and this is the team. I want the fans to be a little patient with us and give us the opportunity to come to the games and get to know us. The fact that the fans come to the stadium it motivates the players and motivates the front office to continue to invest in the team. So please come out, we want to have a great team with world class stars! All pictures by Victor PalkanĂ­nec
See more at http://miamifc2.com/

For the actual Spanish language interview please go to the Miami Ultras Spanish section

No comments:

Post a Comment